BYZANTINE MUSIC SCHOOL ITALY
ARE OPENCOURSES OF THE 2017/2018
1) APPROACH TO BYZANTINE MUSIC AND SONG
QUARTERLY AND RENEWABLE)
COLLECTIVE AND INDIVIDUAL
When? EVERY TUESDAY FROM 20.30 TO 22.00
Who is it for? Open to all, regardless of age and singing experience
Individual lessons will have time and day to be agreed with the teacher
2) KNOWLEDGE OF BYZANTINE SONG
(ANNUAL) for those who have attended the approach course
EVERY MONDAY FROM 20.30 TO 22.00
3) DEEPENING OF THE BYZANTINE SONG (for those who are considered suitable)
EVERY 15 DAYS day to be agreed
PROGRAM OF THE BYZANTINE SINGING SCHOOL 2017/2018 SINGING COURSES:
APPROACH TO BYZANTINE MUSIC AND SONG
1 THE SONG OF THE ORIGINS OF THE CHRISTIAN EAST
2 HISTORY OF ROMAN-BYZANTINE MUSIC
3 ORAL TRANSMISSION AND LITURGY
4 THE SOUND, THE VOICE IN THE BYZANTINE TRADITION
5 THE 8 TONES AND THE PHILOCALY OF BYZANTINE MUSIC
6 THE SUNG PRAYER AS ACCESS TO AN NON-ORDINARY SPACE-TIME
7 BYZANTINE MUSIC AND WELLNESS
8 BYZANTINE VOICE EMISSION TECHNIQUE
9 BREATHING AND PHONATION
10 ROMAN-BYZANTINE CHORAL SONG
11 REPERTOIRE study and singing of a choral piece
12 REPERTOIRE study and singing of a choral piece
IN THE NEXT QUARTER: ROMAN-BYZANTINE CHOIR REPERTOIRE:
I CANTI DELL’ALBA and vocal technique
Initiative aimed at all those enrolled in the courses:
BYZANTINE SONG TODAY:
FOR THOSE WHO ARE INTERESTED, “BYZANTINE SONG TODAY” IS THE INITIATIVE PROVIDES FOR THE ORGANIZATION OF SHORT TRIPS TO THE MONASTERIES IN GREECE WHERE TO HEAR THE BYZANTINE SONG AND DIVE IN THE PRAYER OF THE ANCIENT HOSPITAL MONASTERY AND THE WARMTH
COURSE OF KNOWLEDGE OF BYZANTINE SONG
from October to June
Course reserved for the choir formed last year, for those who attended all year.
TOPICS THAT WILL COVER DURING THE YEAR:
- THE ANASTASIMATARION AND THE EIGHT TONE CYCLE (lessons held with P. Iossif)
- SONGS OF EVENING AND DAWN AND NIGHT (lessons held with Fr. Iossif)
- TONES AS SYMBOLIC MEANING (lessons held with P. Iossif)
- RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN MICROTONS AND AFFECTS
- SCORE STUDY
- INDIVIDUAL VOICE TECHNIQUE
- REPERTORY and concert preparation
- TONE 1: NARRATION AND MEDITATION
- Plagal 4: imperial joy
- 4th: romance and amazement tone
Each lesson is practical and theoretical and includes the study of the Byzantine score.
The course is aimed at preparing the concert chorister
DEEPENING COURSE OF BYZANTINE SONG: Lessons every 15 days for a total of 2 meetings per month.
Aimed at those who are deemed suitable.
- TONE PL.1 Tone of nostalgia
- PL.2 Tone of compunction
- GRAVE: Tone of triumph
- 2: Feminine tone
- THE SONG OF THE BYZANTINE RITE:
SONGS OF THE DIVINE LITURGY: Litany of peace, antiphonal songs, song of the trisagious hymn, chanting of the epistle – (with Fr. Iossif)
- SONGS OF THE EUCHARISTIC LITURGY: cherubic hymn, anaphora, intercessions, elevations prayers and songs of communion (With Fr. Iossif)
For more information on courses and interviews send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the contact form by clicking on the contact page.
All the meetings include a theoretical and singing part.
The courses will be held at the Greek Orthodox Church in Via delle Orfane, corner V. S. Domenico – Turin (Quadrilatero romano area).
Course times: from 20.30 to 22.00.
For the individual course the lessons are to be agreed with the teacher by writing to email@example.com or by calling 393.08.13.137.
Teachers: Irene Rotondale, liturgical cantor, vocal technique teacher, founder of IRINI PASI ENSEMBLE
IOSSIF RESTAGNO Protopresbyter, expert in the history of the liturgy and Byzantine chant